I got feedback earlier that Nonprofit AF has gotten a bit too serious over the past few years. You’re right, this blog needs more humor! And what is the highest form of humor? Dad jokes! I hope you enjoy these below. Contribute your own in the comment section or go on twitter with the hashtag #NonprofitDadJokes and add to the fun before Twitter collapses.
- What’s yellow and custardy and may help you be more effective over the next three years? A strategic flan!
- Why did everyone at the nonprofit slowly back away when the facilitator came? They were told it was a staff retreat
- Why do pirates like the US nonprofit sector so much? There are 501 seas
- Did you hear about the donor who brought a saucepan to the fundraiser? He thought he was supposed to braise the paddle!
- Why did the nonprofit professional plant so much Mentha piperita? He was working on his retiremint
- “Edna yawns so much at the governance meetings.” “Who can blame her; she’s the bored president!”
- What do nonprofit professionals say when they want to hear gossip? “Spill the equi-tea!”
- What’s cold and yummy and a good value for your money? ROIcecream
- Why did the evaluation consultant take a bunch of headshots? He wanted to be a logic model
- What type of philanthropic support do bunnies love most? Multi-ear general hopperating funds!
- “Wow that building looks so sturdy.” “Of course! It’s a capacity building!”
- Which variety of apples is the most stressful to eat? Gala
- Did you hear about the donors who went to the zoo and rolled their eyes and walked past the musk ox that was sleeping quietly? It was a silent ox shun.
- Why was Bambi greeting guests at the community event? He was a volundeer
- I wrote a joke about a grant from MacKenzie Scott, but few people got it.
- Why is the banana so happy? It’s time for the annual a-peel!
- Did you hear about nonprofit that was researching the history of quarters, dimes, and nickels? It was developing a theory of change
- Why did John speak so slowly about his org’s mission and then stumbled at the end? He was making an escalator speech
- Did you hear about the foundation trustees who cryogenically froze their brains? They wanted the foundation to exist in pituitary
- “Jason, I’m curious why you went sailing, horseback riding, and golfing all last week but didn’t take PTO…?” “You told me to pursue Donor-Advised Fun as part of my workplan!”
If you didn’t laugh at these jokes, just remember that genius is never appreciated in its own time.